Plan B, you can read the material here on Plan B, or download a PDF.
- Why do plans have “names” or letters ascribed to them?
- What is the first plan? – Plan A of course.
- And why is there a Plan B? – it is a backup plan, because plan A did not work out. Plan B
- Is plan B better or worse than plan A? Plan B is normally a backup plan and may not be a better plan than plan A.
- We can say that sometimes it is a plan that is second best.
A plan is only as good as the wisdom of the person making it. A silly person will make a silly plan.
God’s plan A for your life:
- What was God’s original plan, Plan A?
- God created man and walked with him in the garden (Genesis 3:8), but man sinned and died spiritually.
- God has a plan for your life – Jeremiah 29:11
- God’s thoughts (plans) are higher than our thoughts (plans) – Isaiah 55:8.
- God choose you specially for something – Ephesians 1:4-5
- All our days are written in His book – Psalm 139:16b
- You are God’s masterpiece, meaning that He took time and careful preparation in creating you – Ephesians 2:10
- God destined where you would live – Acts 17:26
- For Jesus to sit on the throne of my heart – Romans 10:12b
- For us to live and move and have our being in Him – Acts 17:28
- For us to make disciples – Matthew 28:19
- God is the Potter, we are the clay. God can make a plan B for you, but plan A was better.
- Isaiah 64:8 / Jeremiah 18:4 / 2 Corinthians 4:7
God’s Plan B
- Because we messed up plan A
- God’s plans are long term
- God is a specialist – He has good plans for your life
- God can’t be taken by surprise
Our Plan B
- Because we do not want to trust God
- our plans are short term
- We are amateurs
- We cannot plan for the unexpected
Biblical examples of people who choose their own Plan B
- Abraham & Hagar = Ishmael – Genesis 16:2
- Exodus 19 – God wants the Israelites to worship Him by the mountain, they build a golden calf and worship it instead Exodus 32:1-4.
- Jonah flees to Tarshish, instead of going to Nineveh, and lands up inside a fish – Jonah 1:3
- When we take our eyes off God and go for Plan B there is pain and failure. Always scheming, always planning, always trying to get your own way does not work.
God gave us a manual (Bible) and the Holy Spirit to lead us (John 16:33). God’s plan is for us to be guided by His Spirit, not by our physical senses or by greed.
What should we do?
Proverbs 3:5-6 We need to trust God – remember Him in the plans that you make.
God wants to be the first One that you turn to during a time of need, not your last resort! OK, I have nothing else to try now, I might as well pray …
Proverbs 14:12 / Proverbs 16:26 This is one of the few verses that are repeated in the Bible. If something is said twice, it means that it is very important!
James 4:13-16 Give your plans to God.
Jeremiah 33:3 Call to God, ask Him what HIS plans are for your life.
There are so many decisions that we need to honour God in. Where we will live, what profession we will choose. Whom to get married to, etc.
So when you need to a plan / make a decision – trust in God from the beginning. Bring your desire before God and ask Him to reveal His will to you. God has made plans for your life – do not step out on your own without Him – you will get hurt. Listening to people or to your own plans is futile.
God is busy directing you, He wants to lead you through His Spirit. Open your heart to God and allow Him to work in you. If there are things in your life that are hindering the working of His Spirit in your life – then bring them before Him in prayer and ask Him to help you with them.
We were made to walk with God continually, and if we live far from Him then we won’t experience God’s Plan A for our lives.