I asked a friend to share his thoughts and experience with us. His name is Willie Stadler and he and his wife (marlene) have spent many years evangelising in the Eastern Cape in South Africa. He was kind enough to take the time to write down a few lines for us.
Willie: Tips for Evangelists:
1. Be sure of your own salvation & your sins forgiven > to have the heart of Jesus Christ: 1 John 5:12
2. Be sure you are filled with His Holy Spirit > in order to speak in authority: Galatians 3:2-3, 14
3. Because the fight is not against flesh, but the powers in the spiritual realm: Ephesians 6:12
4. Bring the Gospel in a simple way, like Jesus using parables or daily happenings, with a spiritual aim
5. Stay with the Word, it remain the Sword that cuts through to the most inner parts: Ephesians 6:17
6. Prayer is the key to unlock God’s power. If you enter a place/area to evangelize the most importent is to do spiritual warfare against the powers of darkness. Ephesians 6:18
Thanks Willie for sharing your insight with us.